About The Book
The first social history of modern Ukraine in English. This book examines the effects of social and political change in twentieth-century Ukraine on the national consciousness of workers, peasants, the intelligentsia, and the political elite.
- Politics and the National Question in the Post-Shelest Period
- Ukrainian Dissent and Opposition After Shelest
- Literary Politics and Literary Debates in Ukraine, 1971-81
- The Ukrainian Economy in the 1970s Ethno-Demographic Trends in Ukraine in the 1970s
The presentation begins with society on the eve of the 1917 revolution and ends with postwar development in the early 1970s. Co-published with the Macmillan Press.
About The Author
Bohdan Krawchenko is the former director of the CIUS and currently vice rector of the Academy of Public Administration in Kyiv. He is the author of Social Change and National Consciousness in …
(780) 492-4967 with our order form.
430 Pembina Hall
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2H8