About The Book
Nine essays reexamine major aspects of Ukrainian history including Kyivan Rus', the Ukrainian nobility and elites, Cossack Ukraine and the Turco-Islamic World, the growth and development of Ukrainian cities, the evolution of the Ukrainian literary language, the role of the city in Ukrainian history and the urbanization of Ukrainian cities since the Second World War.
Essay titles include:
- Kievan-Rus' and Sixteenth-Seventeenth-Century Ukraine
- The Problem of Nobilities in the Ukrainian Past: The Polish Period, 1569-1648
- Problems in Studying the Post-Khmelnytsky Ukrainian Elite (1650s to 1830s)
- Cossack Ukraine and the Turco-Islamic World
- Ukrainian Cities in the Nineteenth Century
- Ukrainian Cities during the Revolution and the Interwar Era
- Urbanization in Ukraine since the Second World War
- The Role of the City in Ukrainian History Evolution of the Ukrainian Literary Language
Contributors include Omeljan Pritsak, Frank Sysyn, Zenon Kohut, Orest Subtelny, Patricia Herlihy, George Shevelov, Roman Szporluk and others. This volume also includes a thirty-five-page round-table discussion.
About The Author
(780) 492-4967 with our order form.
430 Pembina Hall
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2H8