Ukrainian-Jewish Relations in Historical Perspective (Second Edition)
Out of stock
Third edition of this book can be found at: Ukrainian-Jewish Relations in Historical Perspective (Third Edition).
The book Ukrainian-Jewish Relations in Historical Perspective is a rich and stimulating collection of twenty-three papers from the 1983 conference on Ukrainian-Jewish relations held at McMaster University, Canada. The essays in this unique volume reflect the dynamic and often controversial nature of the conference and cover the period from the seventh century to the present day, both in Eastern Europe and Canada. Essays include:
- Pre-Ashkenazic Jews of Eastern Europe
- Jewish Participation in the Settlement of Ukraine in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries
- The Cossack Insurrections in Jewish-Ukrainian Relations
- The Jewish Factor in the Khmelnytsky Uprising
- The Sion-Osnova Controversy
- Jewish-Ukrainian Relations in Transcarpathia
- The Dilemmas of Jewish National Autonomism
- Jewish-Ukrainian Political Relations in Imperial Russia, 1900–1917
- Ukrainian-Jewish Relations in the Interwar Period
- The Jewish Theme in 19th and early 20th century Ukrainian Literature
- Soviet Ukrainian Translations in Yiddish Literature
- Jewish and Ukrainian Women
- Jewish-Ukrainian Relations in Western Ukraine During the Holocaust
- Ukrainian-Jewish Relations in Canada
Contributors are noted Israeli and North American scholars including Omeljan Pritsak, Jaroslaw Pelenski, George Grabowicz, Frank E. Sysyn, John-Paul Himka, Alexander Baran, Jonathan Frankel, Israel Bartal, Moshe Mishkinsky, Mattityahu Minc, Zvi Gitelman, and many others.
|Dimensions||20 × 15 × 5 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.